Most of you probably also read my crowdfunding on my webpage. First of all, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed it whether you did or didn't donate. And special thanks to all of those bringing me closer to my goal. I am looking forward to show my bike whenever I bought it for real.
For now, some of you already asked me to give an update about the progress of my crowdfunding. I am more than happy to say that it went above my expectations. To be honest, I was quite scared when I published my funding. It also took a while before I finally made the decision to put it online. Credits to my friends, family and colleagues to push me out of my comfort zone. I was worrying about the reactions of people and it was my first experience with fundraising. Luckily, most people were positive and enjoyed my blogs and I also learned a lot of the whole experience.
Now it's time for an update about the current standings of my funding;
- 13 people will receive a postcard from New Zealand, all with a personal thankyou message.
- 10 bets on my finish time have been placed ranging from 4h 28 minutes to 4h 56 minutes. I guess most people have high expectations and I can't wait to put in the hard work. I already started with building my training load, of course with ups and downs, towards the 2020 season. Later on I will write a more detailed blog about my current trainings.
- My new bike will take me everywhere in the Netherlands, ranging from Maastricht to Leeuwarden. I am lucky to ride 820 KM one-way (1.600 KM if I also ride back) and deliver cookies to 10 different places. The longest ride will be about 180 KM to Leeuwarden or Maastricht, depending on the route I take (and whether my navigation skills will let me down again). Can't wait to combine my passion for baking with cycling. Also a good way to get used to the challenging position of time trial bikes. I hope everyone will like my cookies as much as I do.
4. During the World Championships, I have to put my best race face on and make sure I smile
on my race pictures to honour everyone for the sponsoring and to put them together in 6
5. I feel honoured to say that I got into a partnership with 3 companies. Each of them will get a special spot on my tri suit, which is still under construction. I am proud to announce my collaboration with the following companies:
- TroPa Café (press here for the website)
- UPIV | Uw Partner In Vastgoed
- Ikwilsportvoeding.nl (press here for the website)
Last but not least, also thanks to my friends and family who helped me a lot as well.
For those who still want to support me, press here to read my crowdfunding.
To sum up:
- Feel free to place a bet on my finish time. You are still having a 10% change of winning running shoes for about €150! That is probably a higher chance of winning than in the casino.
- Want to challenge me even more and raise my biking distance to the next level? Let me bring you delicious homemade cookies!
- Do you want me to promote your company? Contact me for the opportunities and I am looking forward to a collaboration.
Thanks for reading!